Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Semester is Coming to an End!


The Semester is Coming to an End!

This semester has been a challenge.  Working full time as a new teacher and going to college full time in a new program has been a lot to handle.  This was my first semester that I was introduced to the TESOL classes.  It was a whole new beginning for me.  I found it hard to adjust right away.  Everything that I learned in undergrad for education 1-6 and special education 1-6 is nothing compared to what I have been learning in this one semester.  There is a whole new way of teaching for a specific set of students.  I really enjoy the second language acquisition class.  I find in to be really helpful in learning the methods to teach ESL learners.  I also, like the mini group presentations in which groups present different methods and demonstrate it to the class.  I like and learn better when our peers teach each other and then the Professor ties up the loose ends.  In addition, I like the tutoring project.  I think this project gave us an insight to what we were going to encounter in the future.  The class I am struggling with this semester is the Structure American English class.  I find the grammar to be really hard to understand and remember.  I also find it to obtain a vase amount of information and I have a hard time remembering all of it.  The Intro Ling-TESOL class is very interesting.  The best part of this class is the guest speakers.  I found this to be nothing short than beneficial.  To be able to ask questions about traditions, customs, education, and many more things was simply great.  Overall, this semester showed a lot of positive things to look forward to in the near future.  Even though the semester is a struggle to finish I am truly enjoying my decision in taking part in the TESOL program.    

Vocabulary:
Semester- A period when students are in school
Challenge- Something that appears to be a struggle
Program- A system of activities that has a specific purpose
Adjust- To change something slightly
Specific- A certain type
Method- A way of doing something
Demonstrate- To show/explain something
Information- To gather facts
Beneficial- Having good effect
Customs- Traditions that are passed down through generations
Positive- To be sure, not in doubt

Vocabulary Practice


T
N
U
M
M
F
H
R
E
K
S
J
E
P
D
Q
A
O
H
O
C
L
U
C
Y
X
G
P
O
O
H
P
M
I
P
L
S
M
V
J
N
Q
L
S
H
E
T
A
R
T
S
N
O
M
E
D
E
A
I
T
O
S
X
T
D
A
Q
R
L
G
G
W
I
T
E
F
B
P
S
S
F
M
L
H
X
E
Y
C
I
M
A
G
A
E
G
U
A
R
X
F
G
I
I
V
O
A
V
S
H
C
H
J
M
O
Z
B
H
F
E
R
Y
V
B
A
C
I
P
D
Z
F
S
W
E
P
M
S
P
O
N
A
R
F
U
A
Z
N
L
N
T
C
V
Z
F
S
O
F
H
I
E
I
Y
I
E
M
Q
D
I
I
G
O
D
A
F
C
F
V
O
B
G
I
V
Q
R
Y
Y
G
Y
R
E
T
F
S
J
F
O
N
A
S
M
O
T
S
U
C
Q
R
V
C
F
H
M
S
E
M
E
S
T
E
R
K
S
P
O
I
W
ADJUST
BENEFICIAL
CHALLENGE
CUSTOMS
DEMONSTRATE
INFORMATION
METHOD
POSITIVE
PROGRAM
SEMESTER
SPECIFIC










Grammar Point:  This passage was written using both the present tense verbs and the past tense verbs.  The present tense verbs represent what is happening right now and the past tense verbs are what already has happened.  

Grammar Practice:  Identify the present tense verbs in the above passage.  Then identify the past tense verbs in the above passage.  Change the present tense verbs to the past and change the past tense verbs to the present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment